All Foundation Stage and KS1 children are entitled to Universal Free School Meals, so for the first few years of their school life, meals are free. All meals for KS2 children (Years 3 to 6) cost £2.30 per child per day. From September 2023, all accounts must have a minimum balance of £2.30 to purchase a dinner. Please note; there will be a change to our winter menus from Tuesday the 31st October after our Inset Day.
Typical menus include: fish, pizza, roast dinners and pasta bars plus many more. The menus change each week on a 3-week rotation basis and can be viewed below (view the bottom of the menus to see the corresponding dates).
- Week 1 Menu: Week commencing Monday the 30th October 2023
- Week 2 Menu: Week commencing Monday the 6th November 2023
- Week 3 Menu: Week commencing Monday the 13th November 2023
In March 2018 the Government announced that free school meals would only be available to children in KS2 whose families have a net income of £7,400 or under, effective from 1 April 2018.
Prior to April 2018, children qualified for free school meals if parents received any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
These benefits have now been rolled into a single benefit, called Universal Credit. From April 2018, free school meals will only be allocated to pupils with a family income under £7,400 (net) per year.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, it’s important that you tell us – even if they take a packed lunch – as this enables us to claim pupil premium.